Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Depth of Galatians 2:20

I recently received this from Bill Stevenson...

The Aramaic translation reads "And with the Messiah, I am staked - so it be not I who is living, but the Messiah living in me.. who loved us and gave his soul in our stead."

This passage in Galatians 2:20 is the treasure house of the new creation.Your eternal purpose and destiny are found in this one verse.The death, burial, and resurrection with Jesus is contained here.

There is no turning around. Try as you will there is no greater reality than the full and complete cross of Christ Jesus. I find it interesting that so many streams of theology differ on the view of the cross. Unfortunately in the day we live the death of Christ is almost totally neglected except on Easter.However, this is where the believer's life not only ended but began as well and must continue.

No comments: