Sunday, June 05, 2005

Awakenings--column by Henry Blackerby

Today there is a great moving of God for His people to be on mission with Him. Each church is facing a God-sized assignment because the assignment requires both the presence and the resources of God to accomplish it. This requires a significant new level of faith. Therefore, each believer and church that desires to be on mission with God must know and act on the promises of God. He has promised every resource necessary for His people to honor Him in their total mission involvement with Him.

Here are some of God’s promises on missions and promised provisions to accomplish His will:
• And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).
• All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore... and... I am with you always... (Matthew 28:18-20).
• Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it (Isaiah 46:11b).
• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want (Psalm 23:1b).

Behind every assignment in missions (at home and around the world) God affirms to us what He said to His people through Jeremiah: For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart (Jeremiah 29:11-13).

The effective obedience to God in missions has a great effect on the church family. They experience great joy, and great expectation and faith for their own personal lives.

No comments: